Posts Tagged ‘food to heal spinal disc’
Cervical spondylosis is caused by chronic tiring away (degeneration) of the cervical spine, including the cushions between the neck vertebrae (cervical disks) and the joints between the bones of the cervical spine. There may be abnormal growth or “spurs” on the bones of the spine (vertebrae).
These changes can, over time, press down on (compress) one or more of the nerve roots. In advanced cases, the spinal cord becomes caught up. This can affect not just the arms, but the legs as well.
Cervical spondylosis is a common degenerative form of the cervical spine. It is most likely caused by age-related changes in the intervertebral disks. Clinically, several syndromes, both overlapping and distinct, are seen.
These include neck and shoulder pain, suboccipital pain and headache, radicular symptoms, and cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM). As disk collapse occurs, mechanical stresses result in osteophytic bars, which form along the ventral aspect of the spinal canal.
The diet of elderly persons suffering from spondylosis should consist of salad of raw vegetables such as tomato, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, radish, lettuce and at least two steamed or lightly-cooked vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, spinach and plenty of fruits. The patients should have four meal daily.
The patient should avoid fatty, spicy and fried foods, sour curd, sweets, sugar, condiments as well as tea and coffee.
Treatment of Cervical Spondylosis
Treatment for Cervical Spondylosis can be through Ayurveda too. Ayurveda which is a natural therapy hence has no side effect or any complication.
Ayurveda offers conservative treatment as oral as well as external medication in which herbal medicine helps to overturn the disease-process giving decongestion of the spinal canal and nerve-root bony outlets which can relieve it.
Alternative medicines for Cervical Spondylosis include homeopathy too. Rhus Tox is one of the homeopathic medicines which are prescribed for relieve pain and stiffness in the neck, pain between the shoulders.
Kalmia is for pain from the neck down the arms, pain extending to the shoulder blades, Conium is for cervical spondylosis with giddiness. Other usually used medicines for treating spondolysis are causticum, calcarea phos, calcarea flour, nux, hypericum.
Home remedies for Cervical Spondylosis
1. People with sedentary job should change positions often, stand up every hour, avoid soft cushioned seats, use thin pillows or avoid it, and sleep on firm mattresses with knees bent at right angles to the torso.
2. Perform joint movements moving wrists up and down, folding and unfolding fingers, rotating wrists clockwise and anticlockwise, poignant neck up and down, moving to the sides and rotating it clockwise and anticlockwise.
3. The patient should have 4 meals a day consisting of milk, salad of raw vegetables, steamed vegetables, whole-wheat bread and sprouts. Adequate amounts of proteins, vitamin C, Vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus are also essential. Avoid sour curd, sugar, spicy, fried and fatty foods, tea and coffee, refined and processed food and tobacco and smoking.
4. 2-3 cloves of garlic should be taken in the morning. Oil set by frying 10 cloves of garlic in 60gms of oil, cooled and then applied vigorously in affected part left for 3 hours and then take a warm bath. This should be followed for 15 days.
5. Lemon juice mixed with salt should be taken 2-3 times daily and chebulic myrobalan after meals gives quick relief.
6. Yoga or hot fomentation for 5-10 minutes twice a day or mild oil massage to neck, shoulders and hands are beneficial.
Incoming search terms:
- essential oils for cervical spondylosis
- essential oil for spondylosis
- what is Myeloradiculopathy
- homeopathic remidy for cervical spondilytic mylerediculopathy
- Calcarea Phos for cervical spondylosis
- www spendlisis desise com
- cervical spondulosis
- homeopathic treatment of cervival mylerediculopathy
- hypernicum for spondylosis